True Things: They came to sit & dangle their feet off the edge of the world & after awhile they forgot everything but the good & true things they would do someday.
Illusion of Control: If you hold on to the handle, she said, it's easier to maintain the illusion of control. But it's more fun if you just let the wind carry you.
Kindred Spirits: You're the strangest person I ever met, she said & I said you too & we decided we'd know each other a long time.
Life Plan: I asked her what she planned to do with her life & she said she was way beyond that point already. I'm just happy I remember to be there when it happens, she said.
Lost in the Translation: There are some days when no matter what I say it feels like I'm far away in another country & whoever is doing the translating has had far too much to drink
Making Room: When I first met her, I knew in a moment I would have to spend the next few days re-arranging my mind so there'd be room for her to stay.
Is willing to accept that she creates her own reality except for some of the parts where she can't help but wonder what the hell she was thinking
She laid on my chest & her breathing filled me almost to beyond what I could hold.
im on a 30 day diet i ve lost 15 days already
I just ate my willpower
confusion not only reigns, it pours
you know sometimes when you stop to think and you forget to start again?
they sat side by side at the morning light and looked at the future together
the real reason
| There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here: to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good. | |
I read once that the ancient Egyptians had fifty words for sand & the Eskimos had a hundred words for snow. I wish I had a thousand words for love, but all that comes to mind is the way you move against me while you sleep & there are no words for that.
There has never been a day when I have not been proud of you, I said, though some days I'm louder about other stuff so it's easy to miss that.
Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable & fall asleep & miss your life.
Are you a princess? I said & she said I'm much more than a princess, but you don't have a name for it yet here on earth.
I used to have eyes in the back of my head, she said, but I kept throwing my back out & my chiropractor made me stop.
bittersweet
She said she usually cried at least once each day not because she was sad, but because the world was so beautiful & life was so short.
She loved her for almost everything she was & she decided that was enough to let her stay for a very long time.
I was waiting for such a long time, she said. I thought you forgot. It's hard to forget, I said, when there is such an empty space when you are gone.
I used to wait for a sign, she said, before I did anything. Then one night I had a dream & an angel in black tights came to me & said, you can start any time now, & then I asked is this a sign? & the angel started laughing & I woke up. Now, I think the whole world is filled with signs, but if there's no laughter, I know they're not for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment