in a good way...
along with study, household, laundry and all the other things to do, i had to admit to myself that i needed to go shopping. i realised i had been wearing the same baggy jeans and hoody for the past months, week after week. i couldnt be bothered to pick and match anythign else, it was just comfortable. I didn't care to look good and it never crossed my mind what other people might think.
then I realised it's time to go out there and find myself a nice, dependable, honest... bla, bla, girl to really love... and to do so, i think, some cute clothes might help... you know, to catch her attention until she takes a look under the surface ;)
but instead of cute and sexy I just got a few warm, soft, comfortable and practical items... you know, stuff with descriptions like microfleece, thermal, wind/waterproof... and because i have such a good eye for bargains it all just cost me pizza and soda for four... all organic cotton/recycled plastic material and most important: fair trade... aren't i happy my fav shop has jaw dropping sales twice a year...
now besides that, for some reason shoes have been dying on me... three pairs of sports shoes i finallythat were so worn their soles were slippery smooth... they were between 10 and 4 years old... today i noticed two things: my ankle boots I've been wearing for the past four winters have slightly opened at the side, which I can repair with some glue i'm sure... and my loyal beloved 8 year old birkenstocks that i wear indoors... need replacement too. so, I'll be out looking for some running shoes and for new birkis, lest I remain only with dressy heels and stuff...
funny how i can remember exactly where i got all my shoes, even about how much they cost. maybe because they are something that stays with me a long time, darn my shoes stay with me longer than most people. or maybe because i put so much thought into choosing them - they have to be good quality and perfect fit. usually that means also pricey but i've only paid "full price" for shoes when it was an emergency and I just needed a pair right away, which was twice I can remember off the top of my head right now and was on a trip...
once i was in athens and the zip of my knee boots broke! so I got the said ankle boots that are opening up now... and then last year i needed lighter, open shoes cuz weather on my trip was much warmer than anticipated. never let anyone advise you, you get winter in africa. ever. screw the bullshit talk about "ask the locals". lonely planet rules. this is now the reason i have two pairs of same style trekking sandals.
twice more I paid full price, both times just because i wanted those dead cute, black, solid ankle strap ballerinas, sort of like flat mary janes but sexier... the first time I needed some presentable shoes for work and also wore them at a ball with a long black velvet dress - that was when i was 20 and i had to give them away a couple years later because my foot outgrew them (!) before i got any decent wear out of them...
the other pair, two years ago, was just because I wanted this type of shoe and when I wore them for the first time they cut me so hard in my achilles i think i was lucky no damage was done... I couldn't walk straight for two weeks and had the wounds to prove it for a month. can't wait for spring to wear them again... they softened of course, with my own blood...
oh dear, what a boring rant.... I guess i am tired and talking nonsense... anyhow, sauna today was reaaaalllly good. am i the only person who gets incredibly horny in there?? and i'm not even at the middle of my cycle... just let me find that bold enough girl who'll get naughty with me in there on a weekday morning, when the place is deserted...
Saturday, February 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment