Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Take it from the fox - or still kickin'

Come and play with me, the little prince proposed. I'm feeling so sad.

Sometimes I feel like my only friend is the city I live in

It's hard to believe, that there's nobody out there

It's hard to believe, that I'm all alone
At least I have her love, the City she loves me
Lonely as I am together we cry

I can't play with you, the fox said. I'm not tamed.

People are strange, when you're a stranger
Faces look ugly when you're alone
When you're strange, no one remembers your name

What does tamed mean?

It means.... to create ties

For me you're only a little boy just like a hundred thousand other little boys. And I have no need of you. And you have no need of me, either. for you I'm only a fox like a hundred thousand other foxes.

I am a rock, I am an island.
Ive built walls, a fortress deep and mighty, that none may penetrate.

But if you tame me... we'll need each other.

the only things you learn are the things you tame
if you want a friend, tame me!

Everything I said, oh, well I meant it
And inside my head, holdin on

----------------------------------------
Here is my secret. It's quite simple: one sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes.

Anything essential is invisible to the eyes, the little prince repeated, in order to remember.

It's the time you spent on your rose that makes your rose so important.

It's the time I spent on my rose... the little prince repeated, in order to remember
people have forgotten this truth, the fox said. but you mustn't forget it. you become responsible forever for what you've tamed. you're responsible for your rose...
i'm responsible for my rose... the little prince repeated, in order to remember.

εγώ πάλι γιατί νομίζω πως όλο το κεφάλαιο με την αλεπού θα πρεπε να διδάσκεται ;;;

και γιατί πρέπει να κλαίω κάθε μα κάθε φορά που το διαβάζω;;

---------------
And he sat down because he was frightened.
Then he said:
"you know... my flower... i'm responsible for her. and she's so weak! and so naive. she has four ridiculous thorns to defend her against the world..."
I sat down, too, because I was unable to stand any longer.
He said,"There... that's all..."
He hesitated a little longer, then he stood up. He took a step. I couldnt move.

There was nothing but a yellow flash close to his ankle. He remained motionsless for an instant. He didnt cry out. He fell gently, the way a tree falls. There wasnt even a sound, because of the sand.

τελικά ο "μικρός" πρίγκηπας ήταν πιο μεγάλος από τους "μεγάλους"

και δώστου τα cleenex.

....and the daffodils look lovely today

1 comment:

. said...

ζουζούνα μου, το κομμα΄τι ε την αλεπού διδάσκεται στο γυμνάσιο!

με είχε συναρπάσει και μένα =)