Friday, April 02, 2010

spring cleaning


i was pissed off the whole day today.

weird thing. until some time ago, when I am got pissed off, i started cleaning. then the day after my 30th birthday, i took a deep breath and decided to take things easy, i don't remember now the exact thought behind it, but it was as if I had pushed the magic button, a lot of things fell into place, and I stopped being that angry. or hurt. or anyhow, i stopped bothering that much, that often.

since then, I did not have a lot of incentive to clean, except for the occasional superficial vacuum and keeping kitchen and bathroom hygienic... and once i polished all the wooden floors down on my knees because I had just met a girl that had blown my mind away and i didn't know what to do with all that energy rush I was feeling. the girl stayed in my head for about a week, the floor polish lasted a couple months :)

a few days ago i decided it was time to give the flat a good old spring clean and scrub. declutter, cobwebs, scrub, windows, balcony... the works. i had done a big clean when i came back from africa last year. i threw away all kinds of garbage that had piled up during almost three years i had been away. and what three years they were, but this is a topic for another story.

let me tell you though that three years can make for a lot of garbage: clothes, souvenirs, clothes, papers, more clothes, gifts, household items, stuff that were mine, my flatmate's, stuff of exes... useless stuff, stuff that was in the way, that took space. when it was gone, I could breath deep again.

btu let's return to today. so here i was faced with having to clean, and it totally pissed me off. why do i have to do such weary job?


i love to look at the sky turning dark from my balcony. i love to look at the sky, period :) I would like to be a bird tonight.

when i was angry before, i used to clean. now, when i have to clean, i get angry. i might have conditioned myself to feel anger while cleaning... :/

No comments: