Today is the day i decided to quit sugar. The plan is to stick to that for the next three months, afterwards I'll probably decide it is ok to eat the occasional sweets like at birthdays and such. Hey, I want to eat my cake on my birthday :) then again, maybe I won't. no idea.
almost a year ago, end of may 2009, i quit smoking. i got up that day and i said: from today i am a non-smoker. and since that day i haven't smoked and i never, ever want to smoke cigarettes again. quitting smoking was a quite easy task, sugar shouldn't be a problem, either.
---i craved jam for breakfast, and i craved sugar over my strawberries, but it really is not that bad, things taste fine without sugar, too. i am totally sure that sugar is an addictive, at least for me it is. i rarely drink coffee anyway but from now on i shall drink it without sugar. also all kinds of sweets and cakes and sugary things are out at least until august...---
vegan diet is going pretty well, too, i'm not too harsh with myself. there is still some meat and some fish in the freezer which need to be used up soon, and there are still a couple sachets of ready soup in the pantry that contain milk powder. there is yogurts and cheese in the fridge which my flatmate eats, he eats the yogurts in between meals and he grates cheese over almost every vegan meal i make... the target is that after a while he will get used to the fridge and the pantry having only vegan stuff while he can still eat his meat and cheese outside the flat...
today we had a bean curry over risotto for lunch, and pasta with asparagus for dinner. both very yummy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I will be honest, I could never turn to vegan -not even vegetarian... Unless I get no choice. You are brave and very disciplined!
hey :) for me, there is no choice. i couldn't live with my consciousness eating mass production meat.
i am not very disciplines, today i had sugar in my coffee. i love sugar and i need to eliminate coffee probably! i need to convince myself that i really need to do this.
Post a Comment